Leech Lake Early Childhood Development
Miziwegin: Child Care Services
16160 60th Ave NW
Cass Lake, MN 56633
Child Care Services is a program within the Leech Lake Early Childhood Development Division under the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Government.
Mission: Miziwegin improves the quality, accessibility, and capacity of safe learning environments through supportive guidance, programming, and advocacy. We prioritize Anishinaabe language and culture revitalization for children, families, and our community.
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Care Licensing
- Technical Assistance to families and providers
- Early Childhood Training / Scholarships
- Child Care Advocacy
- Quality Improvement Grants
- Health & Safety Assistance
- Early Literacy Activities
- Consumer Education & Outreach
- Maajiigin Child Care Center
General Reservation Information
Became a Federally Recognized Tribe: 1855
Enrolled Members: 4132
Approximate Size: 864,000 acres
Approximate Population: 10,456
Within Counties of: Cass, Beltrami, Hubbard and Itasca
For more information contact:
Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe (218) 335-8200 or 1-800-442-3909.